Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Friday, October 14, 2005
The rupee is back in focus
After a fairly long period of relative calm, the exchange market has turned volatile from the beginning of this month. The rupee touched a ten-month low of Rs.44.25 against the dollar on October 7. Although in no way comparable to the frenzied ...
A burgeoning health problem
At a time when the World Health Organisation has predicted that the diabetes burden in India is set to double and reach 70 million by 2025, it is a matter of additional concern that the number of overweight and obese children is increasing. A ...
Leader Page Articles
The great Indian laughter challenge
By P. Sainath
If you decide that 75 per cent of the country does not make news, you're shrinking your potential zone of coverage. And if you decree that only a small section of the other 25 per cent does, you've painted yourself into a corner.
Doing business the Boeing way
By V. Jayanth
The company offers product-related facilities and joint ventures to offset part of the cost of a purchase.
Iran's heritage deserves respect
By Martin Woollacott
AS THE protests and demonstrations that led to the fall of the Shah swelled in 1978, Western reporters travelled to Iran to cover each new outbreak. Back in Teheran, a returning Time magazine correspondent was asked which trouble spot he ...
Fuss about obesity does a fat lot of good
By Zoe Williams
NOBODY WANTS to be fat. Nobody wants anybody else to be fat. Politicians and medical professionals would like to see everybody un-fat. And still we get fatter. On my Marxist days I like to think of this as a groundswell of subversive collective ...
Fallout of Plame affair
By Sidney Blumenthal
Coverage of the Plame affair has been tainted by the press's cosy duet with the White House.
Letters to the Editor
Read Today's supplements: Entertainment | Young World |
Send: Comments to: email@example.com
Letters to the Editor to: firstname.lastname@example.org with full postal address
News: Front Page | National | Tamil Nadu | Andhra Pradesh | Karnataka | Kerala | New Delhi | Other States | International | Opinion | Business | Sport | Miscellaneous | Today's Headlines | Features: Life | Magazine | Literary Review | Metro Plus | Open Page | Education Plus | Book Review | Business | SciTech | Entertainment | Young World | Property Plus | Quest | Folio |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary | Updates: Breaking News |
Copyright © 2005, The Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu