Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Friday, Jan 22, 2010
ePaper | Mobile/PDA Version
Front Page |
Tamil Nadu |
Andhra Pradesh |
New Delhi |
Other States |
Advts: Retail Plus | Classifieds | Jobs | Obituary |
Racing : Horse
Mumbai: Mrs. Tina K. Dhanani’s Maseeha (Dashrath Singh up) won the Byculla Club Trophy, the main event of Thursday’s races here. The winner is trained by Zadmal Singh.
1. MAGIC TOUCH PLATE (1,200m), Cl. V, rated 1 to 26: Always Smile (McCullagh) 1, Double Delite (J. Doyle) 2, Gerrad (R.P. Cleary) 3 and Dangerous Belle (A. Nicholls) 4. 4-1/2, 2, sh. hd., 1m 12.70s. Rs. 58 (w), 14, 11, 34 and 14 (p), SHP: Rs. 39, FP: Rs. 130, Q: Rs. 35, Tanala: Rs. 824 and Rs. 762. Favourite: Double Delite. Owners: Mr. Vikram D. Shah, Mrs. J.R. Shah & Mr. H.M. Shah. Trainer: H.J. Antia.
2. FIDDLE FADDLE PLATE (Div. II), (1,400m), Cl. IV, rated 20 to 46: Blades Of Glory (S.A. De Sousa) 1, Shodaan (R.P. Cleary) 2, Saddlers Rule (C.D. Hayes) 3 and Solid Rock (M. Narredu) 4. Not run: Mcqueen. Sh. hd., 4-1/4, 1/2. 1m 25.25s. Rs. 27 (w), 12, 14 and 18 (p), SHP: Rs. 43, FP: Rs. 43, Q: Rs. 43, Tanala: Rs. 120 and Rs. 63. Favourite: Blades Of Glory. Owners: Mr. Farouq K. Rattonsey rep. Hyperion Bloodstock Pvt. Ltd., M/s. J.K. Rattonsey & Hoosain S. Nensey. Trainer: S.S. Shah.
3. MAHARAJA SIR PRATAPSINGH GAEKWAD TROPHY (1,400m), Cl. II, rated 60 to 86: Triunfo (C.D. Hayes) 1, Princess Ruby (Suraj Narredu) 2, Misschevious Trot (S.A. De Sousa) 3 and Amberogio (S.N. Chavan) 4. 3-1/4, sh. hd., 1-1/2. 1m 24.28s. Rs. 14 (w), 11 and 20 (p), SHP: Rs. 26, FP: Rs. 28, Q: Rs. 22, Tanala: Rs. 39 and Rs. 18. Favourite: Triunfo. Owners: Chetak Horse Racing Pvt. Ltd. Trainer: P. Shroff.
4. AVANTAGE PLATE (Div. II) (1,200m), Cl. III, rated 40 to 66: Scholar (Srinath) 1, Tudor Regent (Dashrath) 2, Blumarine (S.A. De Sousa) 3 and Kite Runner (C.S. Jodha) 4. 1-3/4, hd., 2-1/4. 1m 11.68s. Rs. 18 (w), 11, 27 and 11 (p), SHP: Rs. 60, FP: Rs. 145, Q: Rs. 268, Tanala: Rs. 201 and Rs. 46.Favourite: Scholar. Owners: Mr. Jaydev M. Mody rep. J.M. Livestock Pvt. Ltd. & Mr. & Mrs. Shapoor P. Mistry rep. Manjri Horse Breeders’ Farm Pvt. Ltd. Trainer: Bezan Chenoy.
5. BOOKIE’S DELIGHT PLATE (2,000m), Cl. IV, rated 20 to 46: Vincero (S. Fargeat) 1, River Knight (J.Doyle) 2, Francis Of Assisi (S.A. De Sousa) 3 and Critical Acclaim (M. Narredu) 4. Not run: Polar Glow. 5-1/2, 3/4, 1-1/2. 2m 4.56s. Rs. 68 (w), 19, 14, 14 and 27 (p), SHP: Rs. 42, FP: Rs. 217, Q: Rs. 172, Tanala: Rs. 404 and Rs. 157. Favourite: River Knight. Owners: M/s. S.M. Ruia & Suhrud S. Jhaveri. Trainer: P. Shroff.
6. AVANTAGE PLATE (Div.I), (1,200m), Cl. III, rated 40 to 66: Ecstatica (Srinath) 1, Lyrical Lass (B. Prakash) 2, Pretty Commission (Suraj Narredu) 3 and Native Strategy (Harish) 4. 2-3/4, 1-1/4, sh. hd. 1m 10.87s. Rs. 24 (w), 12, 12 and 17 (p), SHP: Rs. 34, FP: Rs. 25, Q: Rs. 12, Tanala: Rs. 69 and Rs. 31. Favourite: Ecstatica. Owners: Mr. & Mrs. Shapoor P. Mistry & Mr. & Mrs. Cyrus P. Mistry rep. the Manjri Horse Breeders’ Farm Pvt. Ltd. Trainer: Imtiaz Sait.
7. BYCULLA CLUB TROPHY (2,800m), 4-y-o & over: Maseeha (Dashrath) 1, Highland Crown (M. Fenton) 2 and Thanda (M. Narredu) 3. Nk., 16l. 3m 0.87s. Rs. 19 (w), SHP: Rs. 25, FP: Rs. 29. Favourite: Maseeha. Owner: Mrs. Tina K. Dhanani. Trainer: Zadmal Singh.
Note: Actually Highland Crown had won this race and Maseeha ended second. An objection was raised by jockey Dashrath, rider of Maseeha, against jockey Fenton (Highland Crown) for squeezing him and bumping him in the last 200m due to which he lost the race. The Stewards after viewing the replay upheld the objection and revised the order.
8. FIDDLE FADDLE PLATE (Div. I), (1,400m), Cl. IV, rated 20 to 46: Alexus (Srinath) 1, Solor (M. Narredu) 2, Golden Grace (Dashrath) 3 and Free Spirit (R.P. Cleary) 4. 4-1/4, nk., 3/4. 1m 25.08s. Rs. 17 (w), 10, 17 and 51 (p), SHP: Rs. 43, FP: Rs. 83, Q: Rs. 31, Tanala: Rs. 330 and Rs. 251. Favourite: Alexus. Owners: Mr. Jaydev M. Mody rep. J.M. Livestock Pvt. Ltd. Trainer: Bezan Chenoy.
Jackpot: (70 per cent): Rs. 1,070 (377 tkts.); (30 per cent): Rs. 183 (945 tkts.).
Treble: (i): Rs. 67 (633 tkts.), (ii) Rs. 292 (199 tkts.).
Super jackpot: (70 per cent): Rs. 822 (174 tkts.); (30 per cent): Rs. 154 (399 tkts.).
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | The Hindu ePaper | Business Line | Business Line ePaper | Sportstar | Frontline | Publications | eBooks | Images | Ergo | Home |
Copyright © 2010, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of