R. REVATHY from West Mambalam can home-deliver South Indian vegetarian meals for bachelors and working women for 1 to 10 persons. She can deliver breakfast, lunch or dinner and can even supply a few North Indian dishes. Tel: 24852680.
* Lalitha from Damodarapuram can home-deliver South Indian pure vegetarian meals for 10 to 25 persons in or around Adyar, Thiruvanmiyur and Besant Nagar. Tel: 24900631.
* For North or South Indian or Continental, vegetarian or non-vegetarian, call Nisha Nandakumar and Deepa from "Celebrations". Based in Adyar, they can cater for 25 to 100 persons. They also specialise in theme parties for children. Can also door-deliver desserts like double chocolate, coffee mousse, pineapple mousse etc and bakes like spinach, corn, macaroni etc can be made with different combinations according to the customer's specifications. Also can supply chaats, birthday cakes, theme cakes etc. Tel: 24454382 / 24421774 or 98402-21354.
* Srividya from R.A. Puram makes cookies in a variety of flavours like oatmeal, cheese, choco-chip, mint and chilli spice etc. She can make egg or eggless varieties. Her minimum order is half-a-kg and she can home-deliver within R.A. Puram. Tel: 24610392.
* Vandana recommends Sandip Kumar Agarwal in Park Town for Bikaneri papads, khichia in sweet and masala flavours and khakra in five flavours, which are methi, pudina, garlic, masala and plain. Khichias are Marwari style appalams. Everything is hygienic and homemade and can be home-delivered on a minimum order of five kilos. Tel: 25350195.
* K.S. Raghavan, retired deputy collector from Chromepet recommends Booma Ramesh Iyengar who can home-deliver simple South Indian vegetarian meals and breakfast for 10 to 50 persons at very economical rates in and around West Mambalam. She requires five hours notice. Tel: 94441-75822 or 22415942.
* S. Somasundaram from Adyar recommends SS Caterers from West Mambalam for marriages, functions and parties. Contact Sridhar at 24728181 or 98403-19952.
* For snacks like vegetarian or egg sandwiches, pakoras etc or Punjabi vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals for 20 to 25 people, call Punita from Royapettah. She caters to offices and kitty parties too. For pure vegetarian Punjabi food for ladies kitty party, it is Rs.50 per plate, Punjabi thali is Rs. 65 and she can also supply mayonnaise for Rs.100 a kg. Tel: 28520833. No home delivery.
* For South Indian, pure vegetarian meals for 1 to 50 people, call Priya Suresh from Mummy's Kitchen. Can home-deliver in Anna Nagar and Ambattur Estate. Tel: 26181151. Has a special meal pack costing Rs.30, which consists of two chapatis, mixed -rice, curd rice, two side dishes and pickle.
* Betsy Balan from St. Thomas Mount supplies idly podi. She can also make dishes for kids parties like cutlets, payasam etc. Her minimum order is 50 persons. Tel: 22348287 or 31165834.
* For pure vegetarian Punjabi khana, call Usha Handa from "Khana Punjab Da" in Kottur Gardens at 24475333 or 35575333 or 52087313. For Rs.30 she supplies a dabba, which consists of two chapatis, pulao, dal, subji and a salad. She can also whip a variety of parathas like paneer, muli, chana dal, methi and of course aloo, snacks like mathis, shakkarparas etc. For home delivery she needs a minimum order of 20 persons.
Dial 28365010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at Good Food Line, Metro Plus, The Hindu, Kasturi Buildings, 859/860 Anna Salai, Chennai- 600002.
RASHMI UDAY SINGH
(Rashmi Uday Singh is a food reporter, critic and author for 21 years. Food and health are her passions.)
Send this article to Friends by