A FEAST of celebrations during Eid follows the holy month of Ramzan. Sanober recommends all Muslim readers that they try the Mughalai catering of Ayesha Sidiqa from Ekkaduthangal on the occasion of Eid. She specialises in mutton /chicken biriyani with brinjal chutney and raita and desserts like carrot halwa, bread halwa, gulab jamun, rice kheer, badam kheer etc. Her other specialties are tandoori chicken, pepper chicken, methi chicken, masala chicken etc. Her rates are reasonable with free home delivery for a minimum order of 10 persons. Tel: 521 32328.
* Suzanne Venglet's two-acre space on East Coast Road, "Party Land" is let out for parties. Suzanne can cater North or South Indian, Continental or Kerala cuisine, vegetarian or non-vegetarian for a minimum of 30 persons. The space also has two swimming pools, one for kids and the other for adults, a Jacuzzi, water slide, air-conditioned room and hall etc. Call Suzanne on 98410-71113.
* G. Mohan owns a dairy in Vellavedu near Ponnamallee where he supplies cows milk, which is completely organic and pure. Tel: 24353575.
* Rajkumar from "Pot Belly" in Mogappair caters for North and South Indian cuisine, veg and non-veg for a minimum of 10 persons. Can home-deliver up to Mount Road. Can cater for functions, parties, office meals etc. Tel: 31122168 / 26153800 or 26213440.
* For North & south Indian food, Biryanis, Christmas cakes, wines and puddings for 10 to 50 people, call Maria Joseph from Vadapalani. Home delivery in Vadapalani and Kodambakkam only. Her specialties are cakes (especially plum cake), parathas, Kerala style beef and fish dishes, Kerala style chicken stew and biryanis. Tel: 24838684 or 24819014. She also caters for birthday and kitty parties.
* For pure vegetarian Punjabi and North Indian food for a minimum of 50 persons, call Harjinder Kaur from Triplicane at 28510757 or 98402-31901. She can home-deliver up to Mount Road and Mylapore and requires 24 hours notice. Some of her specialties are stuffed parathas, rajma chaval, Punjabi kadi chaval, palak paneer, dal makhani etc.
* For homemade cow's ghee, which is also used for Ayyappan poojas, call Mrs. Sukumar at 23631735. 200 gms is Rs. 48.
* For North Indian and Sindhi food, veg or non veg for 1 to 10 people with 24 hours notice, call Anju Asrani from P.A. Towers, Poonamallee High Road at 25323337. No home delivery. Some of her specialties are chicken or mutton biriyani, Sindhi kadi chaval, vadi chaval, palak paneer, parathas etc.
* Sunita Kakkar from Mint can home deliver pure veg Punjabi khana for 1 to 40 persons in Mint up to Central, Royapuram and Broadway. Her Punjabi thali costs Rs.35 and consists of four chapatis, subji, dal, rice, papad, achar and salad. She can also deliver parathas along with curd and achar for breakfast by 7.30 a.m. Bachelors and office goers who live in lodges and mansions around that area can avail of her services as well as the students in Stanley Medical College Hostel. Tel: 2520 4443.
* Devi from Choolaimedu can home-deliver South Indian pure veg Tirunalveli style meals for five to 100 persons till Kodambakkam and Nungambakkam. She has a special package of Rs. 25, which consists of sambar, rasam, buttermilk, two-vegetables, rice and pickle. Tel: 2472 2173.
Rashmi Uday Singh
Send this article to Friends by