Noodles - 100 gms
Chopped garlic - 2 tsp
Chopped ginger - 2 tsp
Chopped onion - 1
Shredded cabbage - 1 cup
Carrot (cut into thin strips) - 1/2 cup
Capsicum (cut into thin strips) - 1/2 cup
Pepper powder - as required
Sugar - a pinch
Soya sauce - 2 tsp
Vinegar - 15 ml
Chilli sauce - 2 tsp
Salt - as required
Ajinomoto - a pinch (optional)
Oil - 50 ml
1. Boil noodles in salted hot water. Add a teaspoon of oil. Cook for three minutes and then hold under running water.
2. Heat oil in a wok (thin bottomed kadai); add garlic, ginger and onion. Stir-fry for half a minute.
3. Add carrots and capsicum. Fry for a minute. Add shredded cabbage and fry.
4. Introduce seasoning, sugar and ajinomoto. Add boiled noodles, soya sauce and mix well.
5. Add vinegar and chilli sauce. Stir-fry for few minutes.
(The writer is HOD, Catering Science and Hotel Management, SNR Sons College, Coimbatore.)
Send this article to Friends by