* Greshen Govias recommends Hot Kitchen in Injambakkam for mushroom peas pulao, tandoori chicken, prawn malai curry and mutton keema matar. Ph: 24490730.
* Inara Hasan Ali from Anna Nagar has added Mango Supreme to her existing range of squashes like strawberry, litchee, grape, lemon barley and lemon ginger. She is also introducing alphonso mango jam and a seven fruit jam with strawberry, litchee, mango, apple, grape, pineapple and lemon. She uses no artificial colour or flavour in her products. Ph: 26216648. She does not door deliver.
* M.S. Vembu, a lecturer in the Government Arts College, Nandanam got his daughter married recently. The marriage catering and other related arrangements were handled by Sivakumar's Nala Catering Services in Saidapet. The food and sweets were delicious. Besides marriages, Sivakumar also arranges corporate lunches and runs the Subramaniam mess near Chitrakulam, Mylapore. Ph: 24851548 or 98410-78122.
* K. R. Prabhurajan from Taste Of India has introduced `Green chilly ka achar' and quite like the `Lal mirch ka achar' it is made in mustard oil for a North Indian flavour. For bulk requirement call 23775882.
* Kiruthika of Anna Nagar East can supply south Indian pure vegetarian lunch and dinner for 1 to 10 persons. Ph.26203249.
* R. Padma from TVS Colony, Anna Nagar Western Extn supplies veg. breakfast, lunch and dinner. She also supplies packed lunch (sambar sadham, tomato rice, curd rice. etc.) for office goers. Pickles of all varieties in 250 gm packets are also available. Bulk quantities for caterers can also be arranged. Ph: 2654 0133.
* Ashok (email@example.com) from Nouvelle Catering in Virugambakkam supplies multicuisine food for corporate lunches, undertakes outdoor party orders and takes bulk orders for subjis for 25 to 1500 people. Ph: 94442-04795 or 23774011.
* Rashmi Khatri from Shenoy Nagar takes orders for nankhatais, toshas (Rs. 100 a kg ), chikkis (dry fruit, sesame seeds and groundnut) and mathis (Rs. 100 a kg). The nankhatais are available in three flavours chocolate (Rs. 130 a kg), dry fruits (Rs. 175 a kg) and plain (Rs. 110 a kg). Her minimum order is one kg and she does not home deliver. Ph: 26453604.
* Saravanan from Purswalkam can supply chemical free health supplement for people with high cholesterol and sugar. Ph: 26624079.
* Abden Rodrigues recommends the Kabul restaurant (2499 6761) on TTK Road for its non-veg. varieties and the 601 in The Park (52144000) for sandwiches.
* For homemade Kerala rice achappam, kuzhalappam, neiappam, mavunda, Madras style butter murukku and kai murukku call Leelamma George from V.M.K Nagar, Vinayagapuram at 25584875.
* C.S. Sethuraman from Valasaravakkam recommends V.P. Sivakumar's mess in Mylapore for it's tasty and homely food and moderate prices. Can also deliver packed meals at your office desk. Contact V.P. Sivakumar from Subramanya mess, 23, Salai Street, Mylapore at 52108581 or 98420-78122.
Dial 28365010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at Good Food Line, Metro Plus, The Hindu, Kasturi Buildings, 859/860 Anna Salai, Chennai- 600002.
RASHMI UDAY SINGH
(Rashmi Uday Singh is a food reporter, critic and author for 21 years. Food and health are her passions. )
Send this article to Friends by