Rum n' raisin cake
Raisins - 100 gms
Candied lemon peel - l50 gms
Dark Rum - 3 tbsp
Butter - 100 gms
Castor sugar - 175 gms
Grated lemon rind - 1 tsp
Egg - 6
Flour - 225 gms
Icing sugar - for dusting
1. Soak the raisins and candied peel in a bowl of rum. Cover.
2. Cream the butter with three-fourths sugar and grated lemon rind until fluffy.
3. Separate the eggs and gradually whisk in the yolks into the creamed mixture.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff; gradually whisk in remaining sugar. Keep aside.
5. Mix the soaked raisins and candied peel with sifted flour. Set aside.
6. Whisk in three-fourths of beaten white into the butter mixture. Carefully fold in the remaining white, simultaneously adding the flour and fruits.
7. Place the mixture in a loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
8. Bake at 180 degrees for 90 minutes.
9. Cool the cake and dust it with icing sugar using a sieve.
(The writer is HOD, Catering Science and Hotel Management, SNR Sons College, Coimbatore.
E-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send this article to Friends by