Documents Signed on January 14, 2008
1. A Shared Vision for the 21st Century of the Republic of India and the People’s Republic of China.
2. Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation between the Planning Commission of India and National Development and Reform Commission of the Peoples Republic of China.
Provides for cooperation between the planning bodies of the two countries including strengthening information exchange and consultations in the field of macroeconomic management, operation of the economy, and medium and long term development planning. The two sides agreed to hold Vice Ministerial (Secretary) level dialogue by turn in each country, according to requirement, on important topics of common concern.
3. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation between Ministry of Railways, India and Ministry of Railways, PRC
Provides for enlargement of cooperation in matters related to the railways. It provides for activities such as the exchange of information on policies, laws and regulations, exchange programmes for experts and trainees, and joint organization of symposiums, seminars and conferences on themes of common interest. The specific areas of cooperation include cover telecommunication technologies, electrical traction supply, reliability of signalling systems, high axle load operations, cooperation in R&D pertaining to the railway sector, track machines, etc
4. Memorandum of Understanding between Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation of India and Ministry of Construction, PRC
This MOU provides a basic framework for cooperation in the area of housing. The overall goal of the MOU is to promote exchange of information related to housing policies, standard specifications and technologies between the two countries and increase cooperation to enhance residential construction standards, especially housing for middle and low income families. The MoU also seeks to promote cooperation and communication in the area of urban poverty alleviation efforts.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Rural Development of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Land Resources of the PRC for Cooperation in Land Resource Management, Land Administration and Resettlement and Rehabilitation
Provides for cooperation in areas of common interest including development, conservation, management and utilization of land resources, land information management and updation of land records; land registration, statistics, valuation, land survey and adoption of modern technology in these areas; land use planning; land markets, land distribution and relevant laws and regulations; land acquisition, and resettlement and rehabilitation of affected persons on account of industrialization and natural calamities.
6. Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries on India-China Joint Medical Mission.
On the 70th Anniversary of the arrival in China of the Indian Medical Mission, this MoU enables ICCR and CPAFFC to organise an India-China Joint Medical Mission. This would consist of 10 young doctors each from Indian and China who would jointly provide medical consultations / treatment both in India and China in 2008.
7. Memorandum of Understanding between the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries on Cooperation in Culture.
This MoU enables ICCR and CPAFFC to cooperate in diverse fields of culture, including film and performing arts, exhibitions, publications, seminars, etc., to add momentum to the growing cultural relations between the peoples of the two countries.
8. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation between Geological Survey of India and China Geological Survey in Geo-sciences
The two sides agreed to extend mutual cooperation in carrying out research and development projects in areas including palaeo-climatic and palaeo-environmental changes in the Asian Continent, dating of Indian khondalites for provenance characterization and technology exchange on mineral prognostication.
9. Memorandum of Understanding between Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SATCM), PRC Covering Cooperation in Traditional Medicine
Provides for promotion of cooperation in traditional medicine. It covers areas such as medical services, education, scientific research, and promotes the development of traditional medicine in the healthcare systems of the two countries. The two sides will support initiatives for conducting collaborative research studies in traditional medicine in identified universities and scientific institutions, including research on usage, safety and efficacy of traditional medicines and for harmonizing the pharmacopoeia standards in India and China.
10. Memorandum of Understanding between NABARD and Agricultural Development Bank of China on Mutual Cooperation
The MoU between NABARD and ADBC will facilitate cooperation on the sustainable development of agriculture and rural areas in both China and India. The two sides agreed to share business experiences, expertise, training facilities, modern technology skills and business development practices. NABARD and ADBC also agreed to share appropriate information on innovation in banking instruments, impact of climate change and global warming and possible risk management tools for farmers, and share experiences in areas like rural finance and agricultural development strategies and operation practices.
11. Protocol of Phytosanitary Requirements for the Export of Tobacco Leaves from India to China between the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People's Republic of China and the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of India
The two sides agreed on a protocol of phytosanitary requirements for the export of tobacco leaves from India to China.