Young World Quiz (December 01, 2001)
He was a genius whose lovable characters and fantastic imagination have brought joy, laughter, and a universal means of communication to young and old alike for more than seven decades now. A quiz on Walt Disney, the entertainment magnate extraordinaire, to celebrate his 100th birth anniversary.
1. When and where was Walter Elias Disney born?
2. Walt enlisted himself for service in World War I. What was his job there?
3. In 1923, Walt and his brother Roy, under the name of The Disney Brothers Studio, produced a cartoon series. What was it called?
4. Mickey Mouse is synonymous with Disney. What was the title of the first released Mickey Mouse cartoon?
5. Which evergreen characters are often referred to as "The Fabulous Five" by Disney fans around the world?
6. In which films did: (i): Donald Duck, (ii): Pluto, (iii): Goofy make their screen debut?
7. Snow White and Seven Dwarfs was the world's first full-length cartoon feature and it received an Oscar. What was special about the award?
8. Which path-breaking feature film originally used the slogan: "Hear the Picture, See the Music"?
9. Disney holds the record for most Oscar nominations. How many did he receive personally?
10. Known globally for his cartoon creations, what was Walt Disney's first True-Life Adventure film?
11. Walt Disney has himself been the subject of many a literary work. Who wrote the first biography of Walt Disney?
12. Where in the world are the four Disney theme parks located?
13. What did Walt Disney consider his "greatest gift to mankind"?
14. Marketing of Disney merchandise is big business. Where did the first international Disney Store open in 1990?
15. How old was Walt Disney when he passed away and what was the last animated feature he worked on?
Send this article to Friends by