Young World Quiz (January 24, 2004)
1. Apple launched a revolutionary, legendary PC, the first to popularise the GUI, on this day in 1984. Name it.
2. What name does Vishnu get because he was Arjuna's charioteer in the Mahabharata war?
3. Which movement's international symbol is the "fleur-de-lis"?
4. After whom is `flat' or `parabolic' geometry, popular in high schools, named?
5. In Carnatic music, traditionally when should the Mukhaari or Begada raaga be performed?
6. Which was the first animated film, made by Disney in 1991, to be nominated for a Best Picture Oscar?
7. In botany, what is a `monecious' plant?
8. Which pop artist designed the Rolling Stones' album `Sticky Fingers'?
9. Which is the second largest human organ after the skin?
10. Which famous temple did King Suryavarman II dedicate to Vishnu in 12th Century A.D.?
11. In which country have such Indian traditions and names like Veda, Ayurveda and Gayatri been registered as trademarks?
12. Hawkeye and Chigachgook are friends in which literary classic?
The Hindu Photo Library
13. Name the only film to star both Kamal Haasan and Shahrukh Khan.
14. Around which river is the Grand Canyon located?
15. What is the German equivalent of the Reserve Bank of India?
1. The Macintosh or the Mac
2. Parthasarathy (The `charioteer of Partha')
5. Afternoon (usually 1 to 4 p.m.)
6. Beauty and The Beast
7. Plant with both sexes on the same individual
8. Andy Warhol
10. Angkor Wat
12. James Fennimore Cooper's `Last of the Mohicans'
13. `Hey Ram'
Send this article to Friends by