Young World Quiz (June 23, 2006)
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN: Prominent statesman.
1. Which Juventus FC player and also a World Cup winning footballer was born on this date in Dakar, Senegal in 1976?
2. Chişinău (formerly known as Kishinev) is the Capital of which eastern European country?
3. Name the video game character who was Sega's mascot prior to Sonic the Hedgehog.
4. Where is the HQ of the International Olympic Committee?
5. What type of an astronomical body is the "Crab Nebula"?
6. Which British rock and pop musician's most successful album is "No Jacket Required"?
7. How many years did Benjamin Franklin, one of the most prominent Founders and statesmen, of the U.S. serve as the country's President?
8. How has the Aorangi Terrace (Park) on the grounds of the All England Club been referred to in recent times by British tennis fans?
9. In which book can one read tales by a miller, physician, friar and a cook among others?
10. Who would use such terms as "Zombie Killer", "Spin Stealer" or "Bearing Attacker"?
11. In the "Jackie Chan Adventures", what is Jackie's profession?
12. Which is the westernmost of the two great rivers that define Mesopotamia?
13. In which western India would one be if he/she was studying at the 136-year-old Mayo College?
14. Who scored the first goal at the ongoing football World Cup?
Send this article to Friends by