Young World Quiz (July, 30)
MIXED EMOTIONS: Fans express shock and disbelief. PHOTO: REUTERS
1. Name the African country, with Kinshasa as capital, which got its independence on this date in 1960 from Belgium.
2. Which of the eight top-seeded teams at 2006 FIFA World Cup failed to win its opening match?
3. Forty years ago on this date, the world's Formula One World champion lost his life. Name him and his nationality.
4. In the Ramayana, whose spouse was Shrutakirti?
5. In Major League Baseball, if it's Pirates for Pittsburgh, what is it for San Diego?
6. In Superman adventures, name the fifth-dimensional imp.
7. Héctor de Jesús Ruiz is the CEO of which popular integrated circuits or `chip' company?
8. Who directed the National Award winning film "Page 3"?
9. Which goddess is depicted in the statue "Winged Victory of Samothrace" (now in the Louvre, Paris)?
10. In Digimon, what are the first and last of the seven levels of power and biological advancement called?
11. Dental caries is known colloquially/commonly as... ?
12. In Botany, what is the term used the "stem of a seedling or embryo located between the cotyledons and the first true leaves"?
13. Name the author of The Great Indian Novel, based on the narrative style of the Mahabharata, who has been in the news as an UN official recently.
14. In comics, name the gentle Emir of Khemed.
15. Which movie released not so long ago is considered Disney's first all-CGI animated film?
Send this article to Friends by