Young World Quiz (October 27, 2009)
The artist, Albert Uderz0 : With Obelix and Asterix.
1. Simple one to begin with. Who created Asterix and his world?
2. Name the magazine that brought the world of the Gauls to us way back in 1959.
3. In how many adventures have our heroes featured so far (including the new adventure released last week)?
4. Who are Astronomix and Vanilla?
5. Name the only two adventures not to have the name of Asterix in the title.
6. Which was the first album and which was the one the creators working on Goscinny passed away in 1977?
7. Name the translators who have done a fantastic job of bringing the adventures alive complete with ‘punny’ jokes to millions of English readers.
8. ‘Asterix and the Banquet’ gave us, depending on the translation, Ideefix, Kutta Bhaunkix or Snupix. How do we better know this integral character?
9. Why can’t Obelix have magic potion when the rest of the villagers can take it?
10. In the context of English versions of the books, what is so special about the plate on Page 35 of the first adventure?
11. Name all the three live-action films made on the adventures of our friends.
12. Over the last 50 years, many a memorable name has been part of the series. So in which book do we meet: (i): Ptenisnet, (ii): Anticlimax, (iii): Cassius Ceramix?
13. Our heroes have also made a visit to our country. In which adventure?
14. What can one visit at Plailly, about 35 km north of Paris, in the département of Oise?
15. Which was the first adventure to be written and drawn by Albert Uderzo alone?
Send this article to Friends by