Young World Quiz (November 10, 2009)
Teletubbies : In four colours
1. Which is the only U.S. State to have the last letter of the English alphabet in its name?
2. In astrology, which three zodiac signs are called the ‘Fire Signs’?
3. Name the Asian Capital cities that have hosted the Summer Olympics.
Photo : AFP
The Borg-Warner trophy : A sporting prize.
4. Who was the maternal grandmother of Rajiv Gandhi?
5. Which famous African city is served by the Jomo Kenyatta Airport?
6. Which great emperor was born Temujin?
7. Which list of religious and moral imperatives is also called ‘Decalogue’?
8. In Teletubbies, who is coloured purple?
Photo : The Hindu Photo Library
Rajiv Gandhi : Who was his maternal grandmother?
9. Whose skull features in William Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’?
10. If it was Arthur Conan Doyle for Sherlock Holmes, who was it for Lord Peter Wimsey?
11. What dubious distinction does the stonefish have?
12. With which famous sporting event would one link the Borg-Warner Trophy?
13. Which ‘exclusive’ society of people with high IQ gets its name from the Latin for table?
14. Meningitis affects which part of the body?
15. Which leader was fatally wounded by John Wilkes Booth while watching “Our American Cousin”?
Send this article to Friends by