Young World Quiz (June 21, 2011)
Husain: Picasso of India.
1. What astronomical event is today in the Northern Hemisphere?
2. One of India's greatest artists, M.F. Husain, died recently. What do the initials M.F. Husain stand for and of which middle-eastern country did he become a citizen sometime back?
3. How did SpaceShipOne make history on this date in 2004?
4. In which U.S. State is the city whose name figures in the NBA team crowned champion some days back?
5. What technique is used to produce the famous Bandhni type of silk sarees?
6. Major websites like Google and Facebook observed June 8 as the “World IPv6 Day”. What is IPv6?
A still:The King's Speech.
7. What colourful name has Nobel Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu coined to describe post-apartheid South Africa?
8. Name the actor, who played the father of Queen Elizabeth in “The King's Speech”. He was honoured with a CBE by Queen Elizabeth in her Birthday Honours list on June 11.
9. Which physical phenomenon is attributed to tendency of a liquid drop to assume spherical shape?
10. How did “ununquadium” and “ununhexium” make science news some days back?
11. Which musical instrument is sometimes referred to as a “tin sandwich”?
12. Users of which popular free online encyclopaedia, that appears in over 270 languages, want it to be tagged as a potential “World Heritage Site” by UNESCO?
Tutu: Nobel Laureate.
13. Name popular actor who made cult boxing “Rocky” series of movies inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame recently.
14. Which country is to soon operate the CRH380A series trains, considered the fastest and safest: Japan, India or Singapore?
15. Which 40-plus explosive batsman and active politician has returned to the Sri Lankan ODI and T20 cricket side after more than a year?
Send this article to Friends by